Friday 8 August 2008

Tag...I'm it!

Well, after the multitudes of tags that have been on the rounds lately, I have finally found one that I can actually write something about. So here goes.

1. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATRE : The Dark Knight. Was okay. Nothing exceedingly overwhelming. The second-half was avoidable . I know that all my guy friends will be screaming "blasphemy!" after reading this. But that's my opinion. To each, his own. Must admit that the Joker was simply awesome and that Bruce Wayne was hot. But that's it. I don't really understand why this movie topped the IMDb's Top 250 Movies list. I have seen better movies.

2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING : The Great Indian Novel - Shashi Tharoor. Finally managed to get this one from the library. Is an interesting read. The author has expertly blended the Mahabharat and the Indian struggle for freedom. You need to have basic idea about both of them to get the subtle hints about who is who. And you can't help but smile at Tharoor's sheer ingenuity. Hope to finish it during my upcoming train journey. :)

3. FAVOURITE BOARD GAME : This one will always be Monopoly. I'll always remember the countless hours that I've spent playing this game with my sister and friends. Hours that would otherwise have been spent lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling, thinking about nothing productive. The "Chance" and "Community Chest" cards always gave you something to do. Would like one right about now.

4. FAVOURITE SOUND : Hmm... some nice, soft song with gooood lyrics.. Currently, it's Khuda Jaane from Bachna Ae Haseeno. And Pehla Nasha will be an all-time favourite. NOT a heavy metal person. Maximum rock that I can handle is Nickleback.

5. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD : That should be breaking up with someone you really like.

6. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE : Either "Is it time for lunch yet?" or "Wait, am I too late for something?". Occasionally it's "#^@% you, you lil ^%!$&*", when my sister intentionally makes a racket in my room while getting ready for school (Her study table is in my room. So is the ironing board.). Sigh!

7. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE : Let's face it. We aren't exactly spoilt for choice here, at Trivadrum. The usual places are Ambrosia and Pizza Corner. And the once in a while visit to Minus 24. Out of these, only Ambrosia is reasonable priced. Not to mention that, at Pizza Corner, all vegetarian items taste the same, all non-vegetarian items taste the same and the veg and non-veg items taste the same. Then there's CCD, which I strongly despise because of all the smoke. I'm asthmatic . Will always be a fan of the road-side pani-puri walahs at Bombay. :D

8. FUTURE CHILD’S NAME : Hehe. Well, I would like to have just one kid. But still have thought of 2 names for each gender. If it's a girl, Nicole or Rachel. And if it's a boy, Craig or Aaron. Don't ask me why. I just like these names.

9. FINISH THIS STATEMENT, ”IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I’D..." : Okay, if I were to be absolutely honest, I'd say that I'd buy a penthouse in some metropolitan city, an Audi R8 and the Hershey's chocolate factory. Yeah. That's all. The penthouse is a real aim that I hope to achieve though. As in...seriously.

10. DO YOU DRIVE FAST? : Not usually. Just on the Kowdiar Avenue road place. Top speed, till now, has been a li'l over 80.

11. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? : No. Don't think that I ever will. They are cute and soft and all. But they are also dusty. Recall my asthma.

13. FAVORITE DRINK : A virgin Pinacolada. Not the ones made from artificial concentrate. I mean the real thing. With pineapple juice and coconut cream. Mmm.

14. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? : Not a fan of brocolli. Any part of it. But cauliflower is a tastier substitute, and the stems ain't that bad.

15. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? : Haha. Done that already. Got a single bright red streak.

16. NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN : Bombay, Trivandrum.

17. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH : Cricket, tennis, billiards, football.

18. WHAT’S UNDER YOUR BED? : Nothing much. Really. Just this old plastic box with some random chains, bracelets and the like that I have never worn. It also has these glow-in-the-dark hair tattoos. Maybe I should try them sometime. Hmmmmm.

19. MORNING PERSON, OR NIGHT OWL? : Definitely a night owl. Death to alarm clocks!

20. FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX? : My bedroom. With (i)my iPod, (ii) a book. Either/or.

That's all folks. And I'm not tagging anyone. People are welcome to consider themselves tagged if they wish.

P.S. Thank you, Nitin!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

first of all some points..

Dark Knight is the Awesomest!! :o Why so Seriousss?
Monopoly..ZZzzzZZZzz
Pehla Nasha... :D ^5 !
"buy a penthouse in some metropolitan city, an Audi R8 and the Hershey's chocolate factory..." NAIICE..!!
It was a tag. Common courtesy girl common courtesy!!
Next time, try not to CUT CUT..its spoils the whole effect!!

And by the way, since the critic mode is off now, It was a good read, really good one, especially for a tag like this...could have passed you better ones, so watch out for more.. :D.. :P

\m/

Merlz said...

Hmmm.

Dark Knight is not the Awesomest according to me. Rang de basanti is.

Carrom is also fun. But my fingers hurt after some time. Plus, the great thing about Monopoly is that it can go on for hours and hours.

Pehla nasha...high five!

Solved the courtesy thing. I'm new to tags you see. Won't forget again. :)

I actually wanted it to be a round number of questions. So had to CUT CUT. Sorry! :D

And thanks for the critic. Much appreciated. Waiting for more. :P...:D

Sriram said...

Picked the tag :D
Occasionally it's "#^@% you, you lil ^%!$&*", when my sister intentionally makes a racket in my room while getting ready for schoolhehe same here! Our sisters do seem to get pissed at we elder brothers/sisters sleeping off when they slog to school, dont they?

^5 at another night owl!

btw, I've blogrolled you... was just waiting for some regular posts all these days, that's all :)

Merlz said...

Yep, I agree! She can't see me sleeping peacefully while she has to get herself ready for some education-time. Kids these days! :D